Friday, May 15, 2015

Lettuce Wraps- Golden Snitches

Snitches Galore
    So for today's podcast, I decided to try one of the recipes we have pinned on Pinterest. After looking through my options, I decided that I wanted to try to make the golden snitch cake pops. I bake regularly, so these seemed like they would be a challenge, while being familiar enough to be doable. Between my grocery store and my crafts store, I soon had all of the materials. One thing I will say up top is that if I were to make these again, I would bake the cake first, so that it had enough time to cool. The wings are by far the most time consuming part, and if my cake had been cooling while I made them, the whole process would have been much more efficient.


         Here you see the wings that I made out of gum paste. Since I am not an artist, I used graph paper to draw the wings, and then traced that onto card-stock to make my stencil. This was relatively simple, but since I was tracing each one individually, they definitely took awhile. 


        Here we are a little further into the process. The cake balls were made using a butterbeer cupcake recipe and the recipe for a butterscotch frosting. The two were combined to make the balls form, and then they were frozen. I melted chocolate in the meantime, and then used the chocolate to secure the lollipop sticks into the cakes. 


         Lastly I coated the cakes in the melted chocolate and let it harden. The last step was to secure the wings to the pops, again with the chocolate. These are the best of the best, and my roommate and I now have all of the lesser efforts to look forward to. They went over well at the recording, and fit well with our return to the Harry Potter series. Overall this was fun to make, and I would do it again, especially without the wings. 



No comments: