Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Field Mix - Intro to the Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Albums of All Time Project

Several years ago, I embarked on a lofty journey: to hear and assess the 500 Greatest Albums of All Time as decided by Rolling Stone magazine. It's been an interesting project and is far from over. To compliment listening, I began writing a blog to report my findings. In fact, some people who visit this blog may remember my posts! I wrote entries for the first 20 or so albums and then became disinterested in writing. When considering potential topics for blog entries, I realized that reviving the Rolling Stone project would be a perfect fit for The Lettuce!

Though I stopped blogging, I have continued to journey through the 500 albums. Along the way I've discovered new favorite albums, artists, and even genres. I have also discovered some things that are not quite my cup of tea. It has been an interesting, fun, and educational way to expand my musical tastes. Throughout this new post series, I will discuss each album's cultural and historical impact, my personal opinions about the music, and even some fun facts! So, come along with me! Explore the list and help me decide whether or not Rolling Stone got it right.

According to Rolling Stone, the #1 greatest album of all time is The Beatles' Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Join me next time for some psychedelic fun with the Fab Four!

Arugulater!

-Laura 

No comments: